Join over 500,000 monthly readers and get your Essential Japanese Manners & Etiquette Travel Guide in order to start planning an incredible trip of a lifetime.
Learn more about manners and etiquette in Japan, how to behave in restaurants, how to eat Japanese food and how to act properly in any circumstance. Get top recommendations, how-tos, detailed instructions and practical advice.
Discover a complete travel guide geared towards Japan lovers.
Learn everything you need to know in order to enjoy a holiday of a lifetime.
Guide written by a Japan aficionado who spent years researching the Japanese way of life, customs and etiquette. The guide is complemented by beautiful kawaii imagery in manga style created by a Japanese artist. The guide is a beautiful coffee table book that you'll want to pick up over and over again. It's fun, exciting and informative.
About the How to Behave in Japan book
This book will help you familiarise yourself with basic Japanese manners and etiquette. You'll learn general manners, tips and tricks on how to act like a local and understand some of the most important customs in Japan.
We'll cover shopping, public transport, restaurants, onsen, business environments and more.
- Great practical information including essential tips - From general manners, through table and restaurant manners to business etiquette.
- Tips and suggestions on how to behave in Japan - Discover how to eat Japanese food, what is expected of you when visiting a Japanese home or how to properly utilize the bath in Japan.
- How to visit a Shinto Shrine - Want to understand more about Japanese spirituality? Find out what to do when visiting a Japanese shrine and learn why people bow in front of a Shinto gate.
- The best tips for a proper Japanese tea ceremony - Discover the top tips on how to be an expert in Japanese tea ceremony and how to impress others around you.
- Giving gifts in Japan - Learn the Japanese arts of giving gifts and know exactly when they are expected of you.
- How to shop in Japan - From how to behave when entering a shop to how to try new clothes in a changing room.
- Japanese transportation manners - See how to act when taking the train, subway or even the taxi in Japan.
- Siting techniques and onsen etiquette - Learn how to sit like the Japanese and in what circumstance this needed. Find advice for both men and women.
Japan is an island country in East Asia. Japan spans an archipelago of 6852 islands, however, its five main islands are Honshu (home to Tokyo and Kyoto), Hokkaido, Shikoku, Kyushu and Okinawa. Japan's capital city is Tokyo, the most populous metropolitan area in the world.
About the author
Cory Varga is a travel writer and photographer with Romanian and British citizenship. She is an alumna of The University of Manchester, and a public speaker who gives talks about running a successful business. Cory is very passionate about Japan, and she loves helping curious travellers embark on their life-changing trips.
Cory and her company, You Could Travel, have worked with numerous companies in various countries around the world. She has been featured in publications such as Forbes, Travel + Leisure, BBC, and Lonely Planet. Cory lives in Yorkshire, UK with her husband. She is an avid reader and traveller.