Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku
A guide to Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku and Omohara Forest
Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku is a popular shopping complex located on Omotesando avenue, just a couple of minutes walk from the Meiji-jingumae 'Harajuku' Station.
Tokyu Plaza is often referred to as Omohara and well known for its rooftop garden called Omohara Forest. Tokyu Plaza opened in 2012, is famous for its modern architecture, including the visually striking entrance featuring a kaleidoscope-like mirrored escalator.
The shopping complex has six floors (B1F to 6F) and a rooftop garden. It houses a mix of well-known Japanese and international brands, as well as independent stores that cater to the fashion-conscious crowd. You will find plenty of cute and kawaii stores here, ideal for teens and young adults.
The architectural space
Tokyu Plaza Omotesando is special because of its two distinctive components: the kaleidoscope-like mirrored escalator which is the first thing visitors see, and the special mortar shaped rooftop terrace full of trees.
The entrance tube leading visitors to the upper floors of the site preserves the memory of its past. The mirrors are reminiscent of the mirror wall cladding of the Central Apartments, which previously occupied the site before.
Visitors are attracted to the mirrored reflections of people passing through the intersection and often peek into the tube. As one rides up the escalator, a grand atrium is revealed, with tree-filtered light streaming down from a skylight in the ceiling.
The project was completed by renowned architect Hiroshi Nakamura.
One of the highlights of Omohara is the spacious rooftop garden, known as the Omohara Forest. This urban oasis offers a peaceful retreat from the busy streets of Tokyo, featuring greenery and wooden decks. It's a great spot to unwind, enjoy a cup of coffee, or simply take in the views of the city. I especially recommend visiting at sunset. On a clear day, you can see the tip of Mount Fuji from Omohara Forest. Omohara Forest is connected to a Starbucks making it easier to grab a delicious beverage.
Omohara Forest is located on the 6th floor of Tokyu Plaza Harajuku.
Opening hours for Omohara Forest are: 8:30 - 21:00
There are 16 different shops in Tokyu plaza Omotesando Harajuku:
- adidas Brand Center Harajuku (B1-2F Fashion)
- The SHEL'TTER TOKYO (B1-2F Fashion)
- TOMMY HILFIGER (B1-2F Fashion)
- un deux trois (3F Life Style Goods)
- JILL STUART Beauty&PARTY (3F Cosmetics & Service)
- JILL by JILLSTUART (3F Fashion)
- ISETAN MiRROR (3F Cosmetics & Service)
- CHARLES & KEITH (3F Fashion)
- SHOLAYERED (3F Life Style Goods)
- FERNANDA (3F Cosmetics & Service)
- YOUNGMAN AMERICAN VINTAGE (3F Fashion)
- Luck Rack (4F Fashion)
- ワコール 3Dsmart & try (4F Fashion)
- SHIBUYA WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (4F Cosmetics & Service)
- cosme carat (4F Cosmetics & Service)
- HBM GALLERY / HBM Relux (4F Fashion)
There are three different dinning and cafe options in Tokyu Plaza.
- OH MY CAFE TOKYO (3F Restaurant＆Café)
- STARBUCKS (6F Café)
- bills (7F Restaurant＆Café)
- Tax-Free: Overseas customers can enjoy tax-free shopping in some of the shops.
- Restrooms - Men's 5F, Women's 4F; (Baby chair in some restrooms only), 5F (Ostomate toilet)
- ATM - 4F (Seven Bank)
- Free Wi-Fi - @Tokyuplaza Free Wifi
- Assistance dogs (guide dogs, service dogs, hearing dogs, etc.) are allowed in the entire building.
Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku is easily accessible, as it's just a one minute's walk from Exit 5 of Meiji-jingumae Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda and Fukutoshin lines; Seven minutes' walk from Exit A2 of Omotesando Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda, Hanzomon, and Ginza lines.
The shopping centre is open daily from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM for shops and 8:30 AM to 11:00 PM for cafes and restaurants, although individual store hours may vary.
Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku
4-chōme-30-3 Jingūmae, Shibuya City📞 Contact
Meiji-jingumae ‘Harajuku’ Sta. (Directions)🕥 Opening Hours
Monday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Tuesday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Thursday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
What do you think?
Did you like this article? Do you have any questions or suggestions?
Leave a comment below.
Super useful, thank you.