- Self-Guided Tour
- 14 nights / 15 days
- From $3,599pp
- Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka, Hakone
- Experience Japan's dynamic mix of tradition and modernity.
- Cross the iconic Shibuya scramble.
- Uncover Kyoto's rich cultural heritage.
- See the stunning Arashiyama Bamboo Grove.
- Visit UNESCO sites: Kiyomizu-dera, Nijō Castle, Fushimi Inari.
- Experience the high-speed Shinkansen ride.
- Unveil the beauty of Nara.
- Visit Hiroshima's Peace Memorial Park and Atomic Dome.
- Day-trip to enchanting Miyajima island.
- Stay in a traditional ryokan in Hakone, with views of Mount Fuji.
- Explore Osaka, Japan's gastronomic capital.
- Engage in a Japanese tea ceremony.
- Stay connected with included Pocket Wi-Fi.
- Access insider tips through our Japan Journal.
Important information about tour dates
To ensure that you can join the tour on the correct day, please make sure to organize your flights in such a way that your arrival date in Japan corresponds with the start of the tour. It's important to note that due to time differences, you may need to leave one day earlier than expected to arrive in Japan on time.
For example, if the tour starts on May 2nd, please double-check your arrival date when booking your flights to make sure that you arrive in Japan on May 2nd. You may need to fly one day earlier to account for time differences, so please make sure to do so to avoid any scheduling conflicts.
What will you get before the tour?
Before your tour, you will receive a series of digital guides to help you prepare for your trip to Japan. These guides are designed to ensure that you have a smooth and enjoyable experience while in Japan.
You will receive guides covering a range of topics, including what to pack for Japan, what to wear in Japan, and a guide on customs and manners that was created in partnership with a Japanese illustrator. These guides will help you understand Japanese customs and culture, which is important for respecting local traditions.
Additionally, you will receive a digital guide to the most useful Japanese phrases to familiarize yourself with the language. This will help you communicate effectively with locals and get around more easily.
You will also receive a list of all the apps to download before the trip to Japan. This will include apps for navigation, translation, and local services, which will help you stay connected and make the most of your trip.
Finally, you will receive a digital Japan Journal to ensure you have all your itinerary handy, along with recommendations for activities, places to visit, places to eat, and interesting attractions. This guide will also describe useful information on how to get around, including transportation options and travel tips.
Overall, you will have everything you need to prepare for your trip to Japan, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.